In this tutorial you will learn how to draw a Ying-Yang sign.
1. Drop your colors (D). Start a new document 400x400. Create a new layer. Call rulers (View>Rulers) and start adding lines (just drag ruler to the needed place). Place 2 rulers in the middle of the image and 2 rulers in the first qurater as shown on the picture:
2. Select Eliptical Marquee Tool (M) and, holding shift, make a 200px circle selection (you will see sizes in Info window (Window>Info)). Then place it in the center. Photoshop will automatically adjust it.
3. Fill selection with black (Alt+Backspace). Deselect (D). Then select Rectangular Marquee Tool and select right half of the image. Delete selected area (Delete) and then deselect (D).
4. Select Eliptical Marquee Tool (M) and, holding shift, make a circle selection with the same diameter as the smallest distance between rulers. Now drug selection to the left until the circle's center does not appear on the central ruler line. Photoshop will automatically adjust it.
5. Fill the selection with black (Alt+Backspace). Then move selection 100px down (it will appear under the middle ruler line) and delete selection (Delete). Then deselect (D). Now you can see a pretty shape - half of the sign.
6. Repeat step 2. Hit right button on the selected area and select stroke...
Use the following settings:
You should have something like this:
7. Select Eliptical Marquee Tool (M) and, holding shift, make a 20px circle selection. Move selection to the center and then place 50px higher, to the middle of the black shape. Press Delete. Now move selection 100 px down, to the middle of the white shape and fill it with black (Alt+Backspace).
That's all - tutorial finished.
Now you can create your own custom shape and use it in future. To do this make a selection of the ying-yang (Ctrl+Click on the layer). Then go to Paths (Window>Paths). Click on the "Make work path from selection".
Go to Edit>Define Custom Shape... and give a name to your new shape.
That's all - now you can insert your ying-yang signs anytime you wish anywhere you want in a few clicks.