The first tutorials for new year! Color blending style is back with the
third collection. Its one of my most favorite effects and i hope you
will like them too. I. Soft high contrast photo effect:
1. Open your picture and duplicate it. Choose Image-Apply Image:
This step is to remove green tone and reduce blue tone of the pic.
2. Create a new Selective color layer: Neutrals: 11, 3, 9, 0
Its to increase light cyan tone.
3. Stamp visible all layers ( Ctrl+Shift+Alt+E). Choose Channel Pallete,
Ctrl+A to choose Green channel, Ctrl+C to copy it and press Ctrl+V to
paste it into Blue channel. We have:
This step is to change color of umbrella to fit background.
4. Stamp visible again. Apply Gassian blur with 4 px then set this layer
to Soft light 100. Press Ctrl+U to reduce the red tone on model face:
5. Stamp visible once again. Apply Gassian blur with 4 px and set it to Hard light 20%: ( You can choose Soft light mode, it depends on your fancy or your own picture).
6. New Selective color layer: Reds: 86, -23, 12, 0 Whites: 0, -21, 0, 0 This step is to reduce red tone on model to be suitable for background.
7. In this step we are about to add rain effect to this photo. Its a very easy effect and most of you may know it already. Create a new layer and fill it with black ( Choose Edit-Fill). Apply Add noise filter:
Press Ctrl+L to increase contrast and reduce "rain effect" intensity:
Apply Motion blur:
Set this layer to Screen 100%:
Press Ctrl+L to increase brightness:
Apply Gassian blur with 0.5 px to soften this effect to make it look more natural.
Add layer mask and use soft black brush with 50% opacity, 50% flow to blur the rain effect on some parts of model:
II. Sweet spring sunshine effect:
1. Open the model stock. Create a new Selective color layer: Reds: 19, -13, 14, 0 Yellows: 0, -9, -32, 0 Greens: 100, -82, -100, 0 Neutrals: 4, 0, -4, 0
This step is to increase Green tone also decrease the red tone on model skin and hair.
2. A new Selective color again: Reds: -38, -23, 11, 4 Yellows: -8, -36, -51, 0 Greens: 100, -100, -63, 0 Cyans: 0, 21, 38, 0
Its to increase light yellow tone for skin, hair and cyan tone for background.
3. Create a new Curves layer, click to choose Gray point:
With the tool selected, click to pick skin color on model hand:
We have the settings for Red, Green, Blue channel and result:
Adjust RGB to increase the light:
4. I do a small manip. Choose one from butterfly stock, move it and resize it:
Then Choose Image-Adjustment-Selective color to change color of butterfly : Reds: 100, -36, -67, 0 Yellows: 100, -9, -28, -26 Neutrals: 13, 13, 0, 0 Blacks: 20, -14, 12, 0
5. Create a new layer, use hard brush, 2 px and soft brush, 4 , 6, 9 px to draw on the
pic, then set outer glow with default settings:
6. New layer with settings:
Use dodge and Burn tool to enhance the eyes.
III. Beautiful night light effect:
1. Open the image. Create a new Curves layer:
Its to increase dark yellow tone of the pic.
2. Create a new Selective color: Reds: -30, 34, 90, 0 Yellows: 4, -26, 16, 20 Greens: 100, -100, 100, 0 Neutrals: 47, 0, 39, 0
Its to add green tone for background.
3. Make a new channel mixer layer: Red: 105, 0, 0
Its to increase a bit of red tone on model face.
4. Press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+E to merge all layers. Choose Filter-Render-Lighting effect:
Duplicate this layer and apply Lighting effect again:
Add layer mask to eraser hand:
5. Stamp visible all layers. Apply Render-Len Flare:
Add layer mask to eraser the sun effect on model and the background:
6. Add bokeh texure to main document. Set this layer to Screen 50%, then
duplicate it and change mode to Soft light 50%. Add layer mask to eraser
effect on model, background.