In this easy Photoshop CS5 tutorial we are going to use some great layer techniques to create one amazing blue plastic text effect. I am going to show you step by step instructions on how to adjust all Photoshop layers options to get one really cool CS5 text effect.
1. We will begin with creating new project in Photoshop CS5 and
applying radial gradient fill for our background. Here I am using
gradient from #000033 to #3366ff.
2. The next step is to enter our text. In this cs5 tutorial I am using one free font which you can download from here: Eremitage. The color of the letters is #0099ff.
Set the Fill opacity of the text layer to about 20%.
3. Now it's time to add the layer effects to achieve the plastic text look of our logo.
Let's start with the Drop Shadow effect:
Next we'll adjust the Inner Shadow effect:
Now lets set the outer and the inner glow effects settings:
Now we will apply Bevel and Emboss and select Contour:
Next is the stroke text effect with the following settings:
And the last from the effects is the gradient overlay:
4. Now let's create a new layer above all other and fill it with
white. Now while holding the Ctrl key, click on the text layer's icon in
the layers window. This will create selection around your text. Now
from the Select menu choose Inverse and with the white layer selected
press Delete. Now you will have a solid white mask over your letters.
Choose the elipse selection tool and make a selection like shown below.
5. Change the Fill opacity of the white layer to 0% and apply Gradient overlay effect with the following settings:
That's it. Your plastic text effect is now complete. It should look
something like this. (I have just added some light reflections for extra