1. New document, 250x400 pixels and a white background.
2. Create a New Layer.
3. Using the Polygonal Lasso Tool, draw a basic shape and fill it with black. Anything like mine will do, but be creative!
Right click on the top layer, and select Blending Options. I added
quite a few, Drop Shadow with 75% Opacity; 5px Distance and 5px Size.
Inner Shadow with 25% Opacity; 5px Distance and 5px Size. Stroke with
1px Size, #000000 colour and 100% Opacity. Colour Overlay of #CCCCCC
and 100% Opacity. And finally, here are my settings for Bevel and
And this is how mine is looking now...
6. Create a new layer underneath your basic shape you created before.
7. Now time for some buttons. Using the Polygonal Lasso Tool again, make a selection and fill it with black.
Now right click on the button layer, and select Blending Options. I
used a Drop Shadow on 75% Opacity; 5px Distance and 5px Size. A Stroke
on 1px size, 50% Opacity and #000000 in colour. And finally, I applied
a Gradient Overlay with the following gradient I whipped up quickly.
And here is my button...
9. Now time to duplicate the button layer and space them out nicely.
Lastly, add some text to each button. I added some different coloured
strokes to each to show you how they look and I made a quick stripey
background for fun. I think there is a hidden message in the text too,
but I can't work it out. Enjoy! =]