1. Hey there, this is the first Tutorial in the 2003. Happy New Year to all of you.
2. The following method how to create a smoke texture, is only for those who want to create something smoky in just a few steps. It's not very precise. So if you want to create the smoke of a cigarette there are better ways to realize. Let's start.
3. Open a new document 500 to 500 pixel. Apply the cloud effect (Filter-Render-Clouds), color Black to white.
4. Now go to Filter-Stylize-Glowing Edges and use the settings shown on the right.
5. Now go to Filter-Distort-Wave and use the settings shown on the right.
6. Right after that go to Edit-Fade Wave Opacity to 100 % (or another value). Now you can play with the Blending settings below the Opacity. I this case I use the mode Lighten. You are ready.