1. Create new document, random size, hit Ctrl + " ( Show Grid )
2. Create1 Rectangular obj and 2 line obj.
3. Select 2 line, Right-Click and select Make Guide
4. Draw 4 shapes like this, Group it all
5. View >> Smart Guide, if it don't work, uncheck in Snap to Grid
6. Click to the center of 4 shapes, drag it to the line guide
7. Use Reflect Tool
Hold Alt and click to point of intersection of two line guide, it'll show red "center" text
7. Note: this rectangular white shape we use only to crop 3 black obj ( will delete at end )
"White obj must in top"
With part 1: Do nothing !! Delete it
With part 2 : Group two shapes select in picture, then use white shape to cut out it with Subtract from shape area ( in Pathfinder palette )
With part 3: Group and Cut out 3 select obj same last part
With part 4: Cut out select obj same last part
and we have
8. Check Snap to Grid item on View menu, it help you work easily
9. Draw 3 obj like this, you'll draw it easily because you selected Snap to Grid menu
10. Select 3 obj, and Divide, then Ungroup
11. And you have 4 separated objects"
12. Select obj 1 & 2, then hold Alt and click to Add to Shape icon, same with obj 3 & 4.
13. Fill red and blue color then move it to point of intersection of two line guide that you created before.
Clear Guide !
Done !! It a korean flag, then we'll mapping it in a bow
14. Group all obj, use Pen Tool to draw this path in new space
15. Move this path to lie down the flag ( copied ), then go to Object >> Envelope Distort >> Make with Top obj
16. Hit Ctrl + C ( copy ) , Ctrl + 2 ( lock select obj ), Ctrl + F ( paste in front ) then go to Object >> Envelope Distort>> Reset with Mesh
17. Then Release, and u have two obj , delete korean flag obj
18. Use Lasso Tool to select these anchor point
19. Choose white color in Color palette, select Blending mode = Multiply in Transparency palette
20. You can select more anchor to add shadows, highlights
21. Take the circle shape in flag, put it in middle of the bow
22. Draw a same shape, fill black and white gradient, blending mode = Multiply. Our result !
23. Add more highlights and shadows, and we have !!!